Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Softball Shout Out!

The Syracuse.com softball state rankings just came out the other day and we were number 20!! I'm not sure if we had made these rankings the last three years that I was on the team so I can't really compare it to the past couple years. But I would say number 20 is pretty great still. We have been doing really well and I'm excited to keep playing more games and hopefully keep winning! I was a little upset about the rankings though because we just beat Solvay last week but they were number 17 om the list! That isn't right! So hopefully we will just keep moving up in the next couple of weeks. I was looking at some of the other rankings in class AA and class A and it seems like the same teams are always at the top of those lists. Our whole team was happy about #20 but there are teams out there that are ranked #1 or #2 every week and it doesn't even phase them! Those are the bigger schools though that have like 50 girls come out and try to make the team. We unfortunately don't have those kind of numbers here but whatever! So this is a shout out to all my softball girls: good job and keep up the hard work!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! You're running into the same sort of problems a lot of Homer teams and activities face: being competitive when you go up against bigger schools with larger budgets, and more students to evaluate. Never discount the value of practicing hard and playing as a team, though - hopefully it will carry you far this year!

    ReplyDelete